MBSR - Exploring the Power of Mindfulness
Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program combines ancient mindfulness meditations with findings from state-of-the-art neuroscience and psychology. It teaches you ways to meet the present moment, no matter how hard or challenging your circumstances. When held in awareness with gentleness and self-compassion, each experience has the potential for catalyzing, healing, and transforming your life.
Mindfulness is both a discipline and an adventure. The 8-week training accompanies you on a self-exploratory journey to being your own best friend in whatever you are facing. It invites you to learn and cultivate various applications of mindfulness in everyday living, relating and working. They include:
- Making use of your senses to amplify perceptual awareness, embodied presence, mental clarity, and contentment in the so-called ‘now’
- Realizing how each moment can be a branch point—a portal into a new way of being with your experience - and for finding freedom
- Practical ways for bringing greater presence and connecting to yourself, others and your work
- Step-by-step guidance through mindfulness practices including mindfulness of body sensations, breathing, thinking, walking, gentle yoga and kindness toward yourself
- Recognizing emotional patterns that trigger suffering and learning ways to restore emotional balance
For over three decades MBSR has been documented in a myriad of clinical studies to be a highly effective, practical and sustainable method for reducing stress and improving resilience, concentration, creativity and communication. People from all over the world have found it to be a powerful tool for solving the puzzles of their life.